Debriefing is a Vital Part of Your Wellbeing.
Life and ministry can be fast and furious, leaving little to no time for reflection and assessment.
It's important to take time and consider where you are.
Specialized 3-hour Online Debriefing & Training
In light of COVID-19, we are offering two services for those impacted by the current situation:
Specialized 3-hour Online Debriefing
For those who have unexpectedly found themselves needing to return to their passport country, due to disruption caused by COVID-19, we're offering a chance for them to process and debrief with a Safe Place Ministry team member.
COVID-19 Debriefing Training
As a care-provider, if you are desiring to become equipped to facilitate debriefings within your organization, we're offering training to you.
Regardless of your situation, we would be happy to provide care to you during the transitions you're facing with our current global situation. Please fill out this form and we'll reach out.
What it Looks Like
All our debriefings are on an individualized basis and can be scheduled all times throughout the year. We offer this to individuals, couples, families, and teams.
Safe Place hosts 3-day intensives at the scenic and rustic Common Ground Farm and Retreat, located in Leigh Valley, PA. This time usually consists of morning and afternoon sessions, with evenings set aside for rest and reflection. If you were desiring to debrief as a family, we usually provide two staff members, including a specialist for the children. A private room and food are provided for you during your stay with us.
If you are unable to travel to the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, we may be able to travel to you! Fill out the contact form below for more info.
Throughout your time with us, we'll help guide you, your family or team through a reflective process, enabling you to look with reality upon the highlights and disappointments of your particular season.
- You can expect 5-6 hours a day of direct care with a trained professional with ministry experience. During this time staff will guide you in developing a timeline of ministry, expectations and outcomes, conflict with others in service, moving forward and a re-calculating of life and ministry.
- For children who may be in need of debriefing, we have a warm and excellent staff who will provide care to them.
- While we do provide specialized care for children during the debrief process, we recognize small children do not always benefit from this time and traveling with small children can be a burden. Safe Place does not provide childcare outside of sessions with an SPM staff member. If families assess that children would not be able to join parents during a session and are not of age to be left alone we suggest the following:
- Consider having children stay with trusted friends or family while parents attend the debrief in PA
- If leaving children or finding overnight care is a burden; consider requesting that Safe Place come to a location convenient for you where there is trusted daytime childcare while parents participate in the debrief
We have found that debriefing creates a sacred and upbuilding time for Pastors, Ministry Leaders, Missionaries, Couples, Teams, and Individuals who need to pull away and re-center.
Our pricing includes direct care, lodging, and meals & hospitality prepared by Roseanne to your specific needs.
*this is a base price with specialized direct counselor care for the children (price may vary with the number of children)
We Also Offer
These are overnight and day retreats for an individual, couple, or teams that help center themselves spiritually and relationally. The times are guided by scriptural reflections, time of silence and meditation and one on one time with one of our staff for processing. This is an excellent time to pull away from the pace of life and work to quiet our souls. Please contact us for pricing for Guided Retreats.
Critical Incident Debriefs & Crisis Management
Our staff is certified to lead Critical Incident Stress Debriefs and Provide Crisis Management for groups or individuals as needed. This specific care is provided to those who have just been through acute, trauma-related incidents or loss.
Safe Place works with companies providing care tailored to your business' needs to strengthen your staff. We provide trainings, leadership team retreats, Critical Incident Management, support to during times of transition and much more. Contact us to learn more.
Sabbatical Planning & Coaching
Before leaving for a sabbatical, missionaries can feel unsure of how to have an effective and restful time away from the field. Safe Place will help you strategically plan your sabbatical to assure your needs are met and you're equipped for your future. We'll work with you to create a plan for things like exiting your role well, rest and reflection time, and empowering you to move forward healthfully.